Achieve an entry-level IT position by learning the fundamentals of Operating Systems, IT Operations, Networking, Security, Troubleshooting and Technical Support and earning CompTIA’s A+ and Network + certifications.
The IT Helpdesk Administrator program provides you with the skills to begin a career in Information Technology (IT) and prepares you with the knowledge to sit for three (3) international certification exams: CompTIA A+ Certification (exam 220-901 and 220-902), and the CompTIA Network+ Certification (exam N10-006). The courses included in this program are A+, Network +, and the Microsoft Office Series III track with Windows, Word, Excel, Outlook, Visio, PowerPoint and Office 365. See below for a description of the courses.
Becoming an IT HelpDesk Administrator is ideal for the individual who wants to focus their career working with software, hardware, and networking technologies in a high-growth and in-demand field. Responsibilities for individuals with these certifications involve using and maintaining a variety of hardware and software, understanding a variety of networking technologies and providing network administration and support.
A+ | Network+
- Access 24/7 to all online video content, course materials and other resources.
- Instructor led video training is provided for every course. Additional resources may also include courseware (text/workbooks), software demos, labs, quizzes, final exams, and more.
- Programs are self-paced with a recommended schedule provided in order to complete within the defined duration of 3-6 months, depending on the program. You have the ability to customize your schedule within the duration of the program to meet your personal needs.
- A “Welcome Package” is provided and includes your course schedules, logins, and access to online textbooks and workbooks. Depending on the program, you may also receive flashcards, study sheets, or other textbooks.
- Our online Learning Management System maintains your progress throughout the program, keeping you organized and on track.
- Individual online mentoring support is available Monday-Thursday, 8:30 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. ET, and Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. ET.
- All training content will be accessible for 12 months. This allows you time to prepare for your Certification Exam after completing your 3-6 month program.
- The cost to sit for each exam one time is covered in the price of the program.
A+ Certification is one of the most essential IT certifications when preparing for a career in IT. It is held by over 1 million IT professionals throughout the world, recognized globally by business and governments. CompTIA, the Computing Technology Industry Association, sponsors the exam, developed and maintained by IT experts.
The following are knowledge areas measured by the A+ certification exam.
- Computer technology, networking and IT security fundamentals
- Components including hardware, peripheral, networking and security
- Types of backup media and storage devices
- Features of the motherboard
- Operating system functionality and methods of troubleshooting
- Install, configure, upgrade and maintain PCs, Windows Operating Systems, and SOHO networks
- Set up and configure various input devices including the mouse, keyboard, touch screens and other devices
- Troubleshooting tools and techniques to resolve various PC, Operating System and network connectivity issues
Network + is a networking certification recognized throughout the world in the computer industry, with its vendor neutral training to work with a variety of hardware, software and networks. Because data networks are so crucial for businesses, certified individuals are in high demand throughout the world. CompTIA, the Computing Technology Industry Association, sponsors the exam, developed and maintained by IT experts.
The following are knowledge areas measured by the Network+ certification exam.
- Basic network infrastructure management and troubleshooting
- Common networking protocols and ports
- Connectivity and performance issues
- Common network device installation and configuration
- Wired and wireless network installation and configuration
- Networking technologies
- Network design principles
- Modern network testing tools
- Wiring standards
Attainable Healthcare Positions
Desktop Support Specialist
Network Support Technician
IT Cable Installer